My first Blogging event - Sotonmeetup

12:01



On Saturday 8th August I was lucky enough to attend the Southampton Bloggers event.
I've only recently started blogging properly and still getting my head around my blog and the blogging world, so when I was asked to attend last minute, I was over the moon and a little nervous. Looking at everyone else's blogs they all look so professional - they are amazing!

I went with my gorgeous friend Poppy who has her own fabulous blog and was one of the people who inspired me to start blogging.


I was so anxious all morning as I've been struggling to get out the house with my anxiety at the moment let alone attend an event and I had no idea what it was going to be like and what you do when you get their, but Poppy took me under her wing and we had a great time.

Alice and Amy did a fabulous job at organising it all and were supported by Hairfinity which provided us with a month supply of hair supplements and ran a 'Blindfolded speed braiding' competiton which I came second in and won another month supply of hair supplements - bonus!




Espa skin care also ran consultations for us all and then provided us with a mini skincare kit with 5 different mini products with instructions on a skin care routine! The girl Jo was so friendly and also gave us a free 30 minute introductory facial voucher which I wasn't expecting!



Out of the wolves were also displaying some of their clothing which looked so beautiful very festival like styles!



They also did an amazing raffle with all money going to the epilepsy society which is close to both of their hearts and mine too so I was more than happy to support this cause and I ended up winning an amazing Avon hamper! Overall £350 was raised for the charity which is great!





They also had an Instagram competition where you could have some fun taking pictures with the Instagram board and props then upload in to Instagram where the winner won a £50 West Quay! I of course chose the princess tiara as I'm definitely a wannabe princess!




Next up food! Oh My Gosh Judes ice cream was incredible! I had the mint choc chip one and it was touch down one of the creamiest ice creams I've ever tasted! They were so lovely to sponsor the event and I will definitely be getting my hands on more of it!
There were also cupcakes from Love Cake Bakery which I didn't try but looked incredible, also mini macaroons which I did try and were so yummy!






The bar also did incredible drinks too! I had a Cucumber and Apple cooler mocktail which was so refreshing and I actually jotted down the recipe to try recreate it at home it was so good! Plus the BBQ fries were so yummy too - even though my tongue was on fire after!





Overall everyone was so lovely and welcoming and although I didn't get to speak to a lot of you as I was lacking in confidence, Poppy and I still had an amazing time exploring what was in store for us and taking in the incredible venue!

So a huge Thank You to Alice and Amy for organizing the fab event and for the amazing goodie bags, I was so overwhelmed when looking through it all and am excited to try the new products and review my favourites :)


Plus my new favourite snack these Oloves



Here's a few more pictures from the amazing event :)







photo courtesy of Hairfinity <3

PocketFullOfDaisys xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments