Chocolate Chia Cookies

13:30


Since I got my Deliciously Ella book in May I've been wanting to try these cookies, but haven't got round to it till now.
This is my second attempt at the cookies as the first lot may have burnt - whoops!

They are so quick and simple to make taking roughly 30 minutes to do, which is perfect for when you have a sweet craving! They contain lot's of protein making them very filling and the Chia seeds have a whole load of health benefits too :)

I had the majority of the ingredients in my house already, but if you don't pop down to your local health food shop and pick them up!

You will need:
  • 1 cup of Hazelnuts
  • 1 cup of Almonds
  • 1 cup of Buckwheat or Quinoa flour (I used Buckwheat)
  • 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
  • 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
  • 5 medjool dates - these give a sweeter taste
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Measuring the ingredients is so simple, just use the same mug for all the ingredients and the same tablespoon.




First, blend the nuts in a food processor till they turn into a flour like consistency - a couple of minutes will do


Next, just add the rest of your ingredients


And blend till a really sticky dough forms!



You then want to take about a tablespoon of mixture and roll it between your hands then flatten on a baking tray - this is really messy as the dough is so sticky!


Pop them in a preheated oven (180) and bake for 20 minutes - keep an eye on them as my first batch burnt!

When done they should be getting crispy around the edge and soft to touch in the middle - great description I know!


Then enjoy as part of a healthy snack :)


I hope you like this health food post, I love baking and really want to try more natural recipes to add to my journey to a more natural gluten free diet :)

PocketFullOfDaisys xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments