Day 1: My journey to a Natural, Gluten Free diet

03:59

Sunday 3rd May 2015

Breakfast : Blueberry and Banana Breakfast Smoothie

Due to not having any gluten free cereals, I decided to make a Breakfast smoothie, packed with goodness to start me off for the day.

Recipe -

  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of blueberries
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 1/2tbs Chia seeds
  • 1tbs Oats
  • 1tbs Almond butter
  • 3 dates   
I slightly tweaked the recipe and added more blueberries and didn't have flak seeds to added a few more chia seeds.
                                                                
It was so simple to make as you just throw it all in the blender and 'bam' you have a delicious breakfast smoothie!





Lunch: Gluten free Ciabatta and salad

Recipe - 
  • 1 Waitrose gluten free Ciabatta roll
  • Handful of iceberg lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • 1 tomato 
  • Vinegar
I heated the Ciabatta roll in the oven for 5 minutes and prepared my salad and drizzled it with vinegar.

This lunch was so quick and easy and filled me up a treat!

I then ate a cupcake my friend made me for my Birthday and was soo yummy, but due to the flour made me very bloated (whoops) 





Snack - Apple, Pear and Mint juice

Recipe-
  • 2 apples
  • 2 pears
  • 1 cucumber
  • handful of mint
Simply juice these all together and enjoy for a refreshing afternoon energy boost, full of all the nutrients needed to keep you going.



Dinner: Sweet potato cakes and salad

Recipe-
  • 4 sweet potatoes
  • 1tsp Almond butter or Tahini
  • 2tbs tomato puree
  • handful of fresh coriander
  • 1 lime
  • 1tsp cumin
  • 1tsp chilli powder
  • pinch crushed garlic
  • 2tbs brown rice flour 
  1. Boil the sweet potatoes, this takes roughly 15 minutes depending how small you cut them.
  2. Whilst they cook prepare the other ingredients in a bowl
  3. When the sweet potato is cooked, mash it in a bowl and then mix in the other ingredients
  4. Divide it into four and brush it with rice flour on a baking tray
  5. Then cook for 30 minutes
  6. Prepare your salad and squeeze some lime juice over it
  7. Then enjoy :)
Again I changed the recipe slightly as I didn't have and tahini so used almond butter, and instead of chilli flakes I used chilli powder.

This was a simple meal that took minutes to prepare and felt so good to eat as it was bursting with flavours!



All these recipes are from 'Deliciously Ella' and are all gluten free and contain no processed or foods high in sugar.

Let me know if you try any of the recipes xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments